Contribute Photos and Artifacts
One of Travel Town Museum Foundation’s priorities is to further develop and strengthen our permanent collection. Listed below are examples of what types of items we are looking for to further our conservation, restoration, and education efforts:
- Railroad industry ephemera (railroad maps, advertisements, tickets, pamphlets, luggage tags, timetables, dining car menus, travel brochures, and calendars)
- Employee uniforms and personal belongings (watches, pins, hats, jackets, shoes, awards)
- Lanterns, clocks, tools, luggage carts, scales, and telephones/telegraph equipment
- Dining Car linen, china, glassware, and silverware
- Photographs, moving footage, and sound recordings
- Books and magazines
- Company records
- Luggage and shipping crates
- Passenger car furnishings and decorative details
The Travel Town Museum, additionally, wants to preserve its own story and is interested in collecting family snapshots of visits to Travel Town, photographs of the Museum’s historic locomotive and rolling stock collection, and Museum souvenirs and collectibles.
The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit education organization and contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowable.
Please contact us and we will reply as soon as possible.
Phone: 323-668-0104 or email at the link below: